Inverness CT 0 - 3 Falkirk

League Match
Saturday, February 26th, 2000, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 2,727
Referee: A Freeland
Inverness CT  Falkirk

None. Scott Crabbe (12, 45)
Hutchinson (88)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Alex Totten

Starting Eleven
Jim Calder
Ross Tokely
Mark McCulloch
Grant Munro
Bobby Mann
Stuart Golabek
Mike Teasdale
Barry Wilson
Paul Sheerin
Kevin Byers
Dennis Wyness
Den Biemen

Charlie Christie
Martin Bavidge
Martin Glancy

Charlie Christie for Stuart Golabek (46)
Martin Bavidge for Kevin Byers (59)
Martin Glancy for Dennis Wyness (75)
McDonald -> Henry (79)

Mike Teasdale

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Jim Calder (GK) 148 apps -
Bobby Mann 37 apps1 goal
Ross Tokely 110 apps6 goals
Mark McCulloch 108 apps7 goals
Stuart Golabek 31 apps1 goal
Grant Munro 4 apps -
Paul Sheerin 95 apps32 goals
Barry Wilson 145 apps41 goals
Kevin Byers 29 apps2 goals
Mike Teasdale 171 apps15 goals
Dennis Wyness 21 apps1 goal
Charlie Christie (sub) 189 apps27 goals
Martin Glancy (sub) 38 apps7 goals
Martin Bavidge (sub) 39 apps5 goals

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (20 years 360 days)
Oldest Player:Bobby Mann (2001 years 208 days)
Average Player Age:20 years 360 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (20 years 360 days)
Oldest Player:Bobby Mann (2001 years 208 days)
Average Player Age:27 years 168 days
Domestic Players:14 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


The score flattered Falkirk but it was a poor Caley Thistle performance on a cold windy afternoon. There were few shots but Falkirk made their chances count. The combination of David Hagen's speed down the left and Scott Crabbe's finishing made all the difference. The pair combined to score the first in 12 minutes - a Hagen run and cross then a Crabbe low shot. Offside was claimed but the goal stood. A Kevin Byers free kick reached Barry Wilson in the box three minutes later but he miskicked. In 17 minutes Paul Sheerin took a free kick from the left and Bobby Mann headed powerfully onto the bar. Barry Wilson had a good run in 23 minutes but he was overwhelmed and shot weakly. Despite these Caley Thistle chances it was Falkirk who scored the next goal. Again a Hogarth run and cross setting up a Crabbe shot from just outside the box. Stuart Golabek went off injured at half time and Charlie Christie came on - his craft created some good moves but all came to nothing. The home passing was poor and all moves broke down before Hogarth was troubled. Dennis Wyness set up Martin Bavidge in 65 minutes but a defender took it off his foot. With Caley Thistle pushing to retrieve something Falkirk scored a third goal. Hogarth again ran down the left and this time set up Gareth Hutchison and he thumped the ball past Calder from the edge of the box.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot