Inverness CT 3 - 0 Clyde

League Match
Saturday, April 3rd, 1999, 3:00 PM at Caledonian Stadium, Inverness
Attendance: 3,019
Referee: J Herald
Inverness CT  Clyde

Barry Wilson (3)
Paul Sheerin (pen.) (56)
Duncan Shearer (86)

Team Managers
Steve Paterson Alan Maitland

Starting Eleven
Les Fridge
Richard Hastings
Mark McCulloch
Bobby Mann
Charlie Christie
Mike Teasdale
Paul Cherry
Barry Wilson
Paul Sheerin
Scott McLean
Martin Glancy

Gary Farquhar
Duncan Shearer
Gary Nicol

Gary Nicol for Martin Glancy (73)
Duncan Shearer for Scott McLean (73)
Mitchell -> McGraw (46)
Hay -> McCusker (78)
Murray -> Cranmer (84)

None. Spittal

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Les Fridge (GK) 27 apps -
Bobby Mann 8 apps -
Mark McCulloch 68 apps5 goals
Richard Hastings 149 apps2 goals
Charlie Christie 152 apps25 goals
Mike Teasdale 130 apps12 goals
Barry Wilson 110 apps28 goals
Paul Cherry 101 apps14 goals
Paul Sheerin 54 apps16 goals
Scott McLean 62 apps28 goals
Martin Glancy 10 apps3 goals
Duncan Shearer (sub) 56 apps17 goals
Gary Nicol (sub) 1 app (debut) -

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Richard Hastings (21 years 325 days)
Oldest Player:Bobby Mann (2000 years 244 days)
Average Player Age:27 years 169 days
Domestic Players:10 (90.91 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Richard Hastings (21 years 325 days)
Oldest Player:Gary Nicol (2000 years 244 days)
Average Player Age:27 years 169 days
Domestic Players:13 (92.86 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts
Gary Nicol(Signed )


Caley Thistle won promotion to Division 1 with this emphatic win. The opening goal came in 3 minutes when Charlie Christie sent up Barry Wilson on the right he ran into the box and sent a low angled shot past David Wylie. In 13 minutes Christie set up Richard Hastings down the left and he drove inches past. In 34 minutes Paul Sheerin found Christie in space but his 8 yard shot went past. With 5 minutes of the half remaining Les Fridge made a double save from Allan Grant. The second half continued the pattern of Caley Thistle attacks and Clyde breakaways. Goal number 2 came from a Paul Sheerin penalty in 56 minutes after Bryan Smith had handled. Gamesmanship by Ian McDonald and keeper Wylie did not put Sheerin off and he blasted the ball into the roof of the net. He nearly scored a second a minute later but Wylie tipped his shot over the bar. In 59 minutes Fridge did the same when Pat Keogh shot. Wylie again came to Clyde's rescue in 65 and 82 minutes when he saved shots from Christie. Fridge was nearly caught out in 85 minutes by an Andy McLay 40 yard shot but it rebounded off the post. Four minutes from time a corner from the left was headed by Mark McCulloch, Bobby Mann and finally Duncan Shearer who scored from less than a yard. The whistle went and the celebrations began.

Match report written by Ian Broadfoot