Livingston 2 - 1 Inverness CT

League Match
Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 3:00 PM at City Stadium, Livingston
Attendance: 2,688
Referee: C Murray
Livingston Inverness CT

Brittain (37)
Healey (81)
Ross Tokely (16)

Team Managers
Unknown. Charlie Christie

Starting Eleven
Mark Brown
Richard Hastings
Ross Tokely
Grant Munro
Darren Dods
Barry Wilson
Russell Duncan
Richie Hart
Alan Morgan
Dennis Wyness
Craig Dargo

Michael Fraser
Stuart Golabek
Stuart McCaffrey
Liam Fox
Graham Bayne
Rory McAllister

Vincze -> Walker (74)
Hislop -> Whelan (78)
Adams -> Healy (83)
Rory McAllister for Richie Hart (78)

Tierney (42)
Strong (42)
Pinxten (43)
Hislop (45)
Brittain (47)
Richard Hastings (86)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Mark Brown (GK) 173 apps -
Ross Tokely 357 apps26 goals
Richard Hastings 259 apps2 goals
Grant Munro 165 apps3 goals
Darren Dods 68 apps3 goals
Alan Morgan 21 apps2 goals
Russell Duncan 184 apps4 goals
Barry Wilson 267 apps73 goals
Richie Hart 136 apps16 goals
Dennis Wyness 189 apps91 goals
Craig Dargo 34 apps17 goals
Rory McAllister (sub) 17 apps1 goal

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (27 years 38 days)
Oldest Player:Russell Duncan (2007 years 251 days)
Average Player Age:28 years 2 days
Domestic Players:10 (90.91 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Ross Tokely (27 years 38 days)
Oldest Player:Russell Duncan (2007 years 251 days)
Average Player Age:28 years 2 days
Domestic Players:16 (94.12 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts


With Livingston fighting against relegation and Caley Thistle striving for a top six finish there was much at stake in this match. Livi had not won under John Robertson and it was ironic that this run should end against his former club.

Caley Thistle had it all to do after losing last week against Aberdeen – they had to win and Motherwell and Aberdeen had to drop points. ICT were without Ian Black and Alan Morgan came into the starting eleven.

Livi started well and Mark Brown was a busy man in the opening minutes. Caley Thistle took the lead in 16 minutes when Roddy McKenzie touched a Barry Wilson shot round for a corner. Richie Hart took the kick from the left and Ross Tokely headed home from an acute angle. At this point it was looking good as the Aberdeen and Motherwell matches were both goalless.

Things changed rapidly when in 21 minutes the Dons took the lead against Hibs and, at Almondvale, Richard Brittain headed an equaliser for Livingston in 37 minutes. Colin Healy found Noel Whelan on the right and his chip to the back post was headed in from six yards by the unmarked Brittain.

In the run up to half time referee Calum Murray booked four Livi players including substitute Steve Hislop who was warming up on the touchline. A mistake by Harold Pinxten in 59 minutes allowed Dennis Wyness a clear run in on McKenzie. He rounded the ‘keeper but Greg Strong cleared off the line. A minute later Craig Dargo chipped over the advancing keeper but it cleared the crossbar.

The visitors were convinced a penalty should have been awarded when Morgan was apparently fouled but amidst protests play continued.

The winning goal came with ten minutes left - Brittain split the defence with a through pass and Healy ran on then hit low past Brown from 12 yards.

Substitute Rory McAllister had two wide efforts in the closing minutes for Caley Thistle but Livi held on for a vital win. They still look like going down but have narrowed the gap to eight points and Dunfermline now lie eleventh.

In the event Aberdeen beat Hibs 1-0 to clinch a top six place so ICT would have missed out even if they had beaten Livingston. Motherwell lost 1-0 to Rangers but it made no difference. For ICT the top six dream is over for another season and the target is now to overtake Motherwell to clinch seventh place.